Friday, December 11, 2015

Successful Women Are Having Affairs (And Their Significant Others Are Glad!)

Source: J.T. O'Donnell  -CEO of CAREEREALISM.com


One of the best parts about my job is the number of successful women I get to meet. Thanks to social media, I've been able to network and connect with some pretty amazing ladies. Many are married or have significant others, while plenty of others are blissfully single. Some have kids and/or priceless pets. Lots are involved in their communities and philanthropy projects. All of them are close to family and friends. They also all share one trait: having an affair with their work.
Some people criticize them for it. But, is it wrong?
Guilty Pleasure, Or Self-Improvement Tool? You Be The Judge...
Just last week, I was talking to one of my professional gal pals and she shared the following:
Some of my female friends make back-handed compliments about how much I work, wondering how I juggle it all. You can sense they want to see me fail. Yet, I know these women are just unhappy. They're jealous of what I am doing. Why? They can see how much I am enjoying myself. I'm having a passionate love affair with my work - and they wish they felt that good.
I know what she is talking about. When I found my real passion, it was an adjustment for my husband and I too. I am truly lucky to have a man in my life who understands how much I need to have an affair with my work. I wrote about it here. I care deeply about my marriage, but I also know the work I'm doing is making me a better wife, mother, sister, daughter, friend, manager, community member, etc. The energy it gives me enables me to do more for others. That is something special. My friend described it best:
I look at it this way. I'm a person who is driven. I like to work. If I didn't, I would be bored and who knows what kind of trouble I could get into? Without this level of satisfaction in my life, I would be depressed and try to seek it elsewhere. Instead of straying from my marriage or picking up a bad habit, I am channeling this energy into something positive. Not only does it make me happy, but it takes the pressure off my husband who knows he does not have to be the sole source of my happiness. We are a true team.
I can relate to what she said. Can you?
An Affair Like This Could Be the Best Thing That Ever Happened To You
I think the work Sheryl Sandberg and Arianna Huffington are doing right now to help women come into their own professionally is so fantastic. Ladies, don't underestimate how much better your relationships and life in general can be when you are allowed and encouraged to tap into your professional passion. It's not indulgent or selfish - it's an opportunity to become an even better you. Many, many people in your life will benefit from it.
What do you think? Is having an affair with your job making your life better? I'd love to hear from other readers.

Do you agree? send in your comments and share ( also G+ it if you like it)  with your friends and family members.

To help someone in need  see Good Deeds ., 

To raise money for your needs see Crowdfunding websites.



Do you know that you can organize a team and walk in large groups in order to raise money for a community, charity or someone in need? see how it works .,  .

Do you wanna raise money, then read about Fundraising Ideas Click here : Myazpiration


 
Note: If you are an entrepreneur (create your own business) , creative (projects )or need money for an important cause (hospital bills, school fees, birthdays parties, funeral, marriage etc) you must understand how to raise funds via social network see  Crowdfunding sites 

No comments:

Post a Comment