Boost Your Mood with These Delicious Foods!!!
by Native R. www.gooddeedsmall.com
Foods that contain the amino acid tryptophan should be consumed frequently. Why? Because tryptophan is a serotonin precursor and can help to boost your mood! This is especially helpful to those struggling with depression and fatigue, and can help support overall emotional health.
Below is a list of the top ten mood-boosting foods with ideas on how to enjoy them. Remember to combine these foods with carbohydrates to help your body absorb this important amino acid.
- Turkey: This holiday favorite is one of the healthiest sources of protein and is readily available all year long. Add it to sandwiches and salads.
- Lobster: Eat this delicacy boiled, or in a delicious bisque.
- Spinach: This leafy green can be eaten raw, steamed, or sautéed. Add some spinach to your omelet today!
- Bananas: This easy to eat fruit is a mood booster and is loaded with potassium, an essential nutrient for systemic health.
- Mung beans: Eat them boiled with rice, or let them sprout and add them to salads and sandwiches.
- Asparagus: This feel-good veggie can be eaten lightly steamed or sautéed and goes great with steaks and oven roasted chicken or turkey.
- Sunflower seeds: An amazing source of nutrients, sunflower seeds can be added to practically any meal, or eaten as a snack on their own.
- Cottage cheese: This calcium rich-food makes for a great breakfast, especially when topped off with some fresh berries or pineapple.
- Tofu: A vegetarian favorite, this vegetable protein is extremely versatile and can be added to soups and stir-fry’s.
- Pineapple: A tropical favorite for its sweet juicy pulp, pineapple can be eaten raw, or cooked with your favorite fish for an exotic twist.
Mood Tonic is a homeopathic remedy calms emotional outbursts and reduces mood swings. www.gooddeedsmall.com